At-a-Glance: Hilco Performance Solutions Financial Intelligence Consulting Services
Empowering and Supporting Strong Finance and Treasury Teams
Today’s business leaders face an unusually complex mix of challenges including unprecedented inflation, congested supply chains, labor shortages and intensifying competition. Inefficiencies across legacy IT systems and an inability to glean and leverage actionable insights from their own captured data is dramatically hindering many from being able to move their businesses forward under these conditions.
At Hilco Performance Solutions (HPS), our experienced professionals work to empower and support strong Finance and Treasury teams. By leading the transformation of our clients’ people, processes, and tools in this critical area of the organization, we enable them to more proactively seize opportunity, address current market challenges, control costs and manage risk.
Our senior team members possess, on average, more than 20 years of proven experience in Finance and Treasury across the automotive, energy, pulp & paper, and financial services industries. Through this extensive body of work, we have learned that driving change in these areas can be a truly difficult yet highly lucrative undertaking for a business. The Hilco Performance Solutions team is committed to carrying much of this burden for our clients and our senior team members take a true hands-on role in each and every client engagement.
Finance & Analytics Consulting Services
These services are designed to provide CFOs, Controllers, and Business Leaders with the knowledge and foresight to confidently plan for the future, control costs, reduce risk & uncertainty, and maximize time spent on the opportunities that matter most. An integral part of our service offering is working with clients to identify and implement the right process automation and data visualization tools to meet their needs.
- Operations Finance & Control
- Transform data into actionable insights
- Develop and enhance revenue and cost models
- Progress capital budgeting and project control tools and processes
- Boost NPV/IRR analysis capabilities and decision support
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Improve budgeting, forecasting, long-range planning processes
- Implement scenario analysis and modeling
- Reduce month-end close timing
- Finance Organizational Design
- Deploy TeamSight™ to help leaders and teams perform at a higher level
- Create clarity of roles and responsibilities in service of the business and finance functions
- Observe, document and recommend finance process and system improvements
Treasury Consulting Services
These services are designed to provide CFOs and Treasurers with greater access and visibility to reliable sources of liquidity, to better navigate the everchanging business environment, while minimizing the cost to fund the business.
- Treasury Strategy and Governance
- Review and benchmark treasury strategy, policies, and procedures
- Conduct gap analysis and develop plan to remediate
- Develop financial policy that balances financial flexibilit and certainty
- Liquidity and Risk Management
- Developing and implementing robust cash forecast
- Develop liquidity risk framework and perform various stress scenarios based upon the key drivers of your business
- Create financial risk reporting that includes factors such as: financial covenant tracking, required vs. contingent liquidity, counterparty risk dashboard
- Assist in investing excess liquidity based on appropriate time horizon and risk tolerance
- Capital Structure Optimization
- Review existing debt instruments to evaluate if key terms such as: pricing, financial covenants, and event of defaults, are at or above market. Assist in negotiating best possible terms with existing lenders
- Assist in finding new sources of liquidity and optimizing the entire capital structure
- Assist clients new to capital markets in setting up funding platforms and financial reporting
- Rating Agency Advisory
- Support clients through entire process of applying for a corporate or debt rating
- Prepare pitch deck highlighting the company’s financial strengths and how they compare to published ratings criteria
- Support clients in all key rating agency meetings
A private equity (PE) owned client in the automotive and industrial tool manufacturing industries was faced with unprecedented challenges from continuing raw material inflation, labor shortages, disrupted supply chains, higher levels of inventory and significantly higher transportation costs. This threatened our client’s ability to gain sustainable market share, generate higher levels of EBITDA and ultimately position the PE firm to exit the business at a higher valuation.
This situation was the catalyst for our industrial client to change their procurement, pricing and inventory management playbooks. We developed a set of easy-to-deploy, dynamic dashboards to monitor market conditions and optimize purchasing decisions across a portfolio of global suppliers. We then trained the procurement and related functions to use these tools on a continuous basis and we enhanced the company’s operating procedures for forecasting, responding to RFQs, carrying adequate levels of inventory and reducing lead times.
Senior Director - Hilco Performance Solutions
Rob is a Financial Services Executive with a proven track record with over 20 years of experience in the fields of finance, strategy and product management. Overall, he has achieved impressive results due to his collaborative nature, strong work ethic and obsession for finding a better way. Rob has a BA in Economics from the University of Michigan and an MBA in Supply Chain Management and Finance from Michigan State University.
Select experiences from his career include:
Director - Hilco Performance Solutions
Business Transformation and Strategy Professional
Jesse is an analytical and skillful leader with over 20 years of experience in corporate finance, supply chain and strategy in the automotive and financial services industries, including four years of international experience in Shanghai. Overall, he has built an impressive track record of success across several roles driven by a strong work ethic, being a trusted business partner, and bringing creativity and innovative ideas to his work each day. Jesse has a BBA in Finance from Western Michigan University and an MBA from Michigan State University.
Select experiences include:
- Controlled cash flow of $5B - $7B annually for an automotive’s North American business unit; worked in partnership with finance and operating teams to improve forecast accuracy and reduce working capital requirements to achieve KPI targets. Built a new cash flow forecasting model to improve process efficiency and accuracy
- Managed a collaborative effort with senior leadership team to develop a strategy for the International Markets business unit that will drive share and revenue growth as well as substantial improvements to EBIT
- Led the design, development, and implementation of a profit forecasting and variance analysis system that consolidated reporting in multiple markets, drove process efficiencies, and enhanced data analysis capabilities
- Led team responsible for controlling material cost and $1.6B of capital investment for future vehicle lines; worked in partnership with functional teams to drive design, sourcing, and make / buy decisions that achieved cost targets
- Supervised a team responsible for leading development of the annual budget, monthly forecast, quarterly actuals, and 5-year business plan process for $20B of net revenue in the APAC region
- Integral part of team that consummated a $225 million bridge financing deal for an electric vehicle start-up. Led development of financial projections and interfaced with advisors and investment banks throughout the due diligence process while controlling the company’s liquidity position
Jesse’s breadth of finance, supply chain and strategy experience spans North America, China, and other International Markets in the Marketing, Sales, & Service and Product Development functions as well as various Financial Planning & Analysis roles
Director - Hilco Performance Solutions
Financial Process and Revenue Enhancement Specialist
Chelsy brings over 20 years of pulp, paper, and packaging business finance and pricing experience and a track record of successfully instituting cross functional change that enables profitable growth through strategic and tactical execution. Chelsy has held various positions as a Cost Analyst, Sales and Marketing Analytics Director, System Controller, and Finance Director. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Clarkson University and has continued as a life-long learner through leadership development courses offered by the Center of Creative Leadership and Notre Dame, agile project management and change management teachings through PROS Professional Services, and Lean Six Sigma programs conducted by PwC.
Select experiences include:
- Directed evolution of revenue channel information providing VP of Sales the tools to drive $4MM of mix and margin improvement.
- Led implementation and adoption of PROS, price and revenue optimization software, generating over $3MM of annual earnings uplift within six months.
- Implemented ‘Controllable’ EBITDA bridges and daily checkbooks, slicing the Trial Balance of a $1B segment into actionable variance categories with clear business ownership and accountability.
- Applied Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement tools in commercial, service, and financial functions to support revenue and margin growth without increasing administrative headcount.
- Led Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations including Elixir Order to Cash, PCD Product Costing, AX Financials, FloQast, and JDE Edwards.
Recognition includes the Controllership Team Award for successfully integrating financial and operational systems on time and within budget, President’s Excellence Award for demonstrating working relationships at all levels of the organization, driving favorable financial performance and President’s Award for contributing value to executive leadership by assessing growth though acquisition and evaluating options for organic growth.